Fri, 22 November 2013
Pull up a bar stool! Here's this week's show notes:
- Sidebar vs. News Feed vs. Mobile: Click here for the blog post
- Most advertising goes into mobile focus
- Why Andrew doesn't recommend ever using a lifetime budget
- What number Andrew recommends is the highest ad frequency you should never pass
- The new News Feed and why doesn't Jon have it yet?!
Do you need help with Facebook ads management? Contact Jon at Jon@JonLoomer.com.
Want to be a referral partner? Contact Jon at Jon@JonLoomer.com
Tell your friends about the Pubcast and also be featured as a special guest on the show with just a couple clicks!
Wed, 6 November 2013
Pop a bottle! Here's this week's show notes:
2 Year Retrospective
* Beginning to Now
* First post: Why I started my Facebook Page.
* Virtually no engagement the first month.
* First year-plus, experienced some solid growth.
* It wasn’t until this year — Beginning in July — when my business truly took off on Facebook.
* Lesson: 1) Don’t Quit. 2) Build an audience through providing value. 3) Sell is final step, not first. 4) INVEST — time and money for positive ROI
Debate: Facebook is a waste of money
* Forrester report
* An open letter to Mark Zuckerberg
* Survey of 395 marketers
* Satisfaction average score of 3.54 out of 5.0 -> Last. First was on-site ratings and reviews with 3.84.
* 16% Reach Complainers. Ugh.
* Jamie Turner: 60SecondMarketer: The Truth About Facebook Ads: They Don’t Actually Work
* More than 1Million advertisers. High number of newbies
* Many have it all wrong. How many are building trust and a community? How many just sell?
* Don’t approach Facebook like banner advertising
* Equivalent of passing out fliers or cold calling
* How many are using Custom Audiences, Lookalike Audiences, Power Editor, Conversion Tracking?
Become a featured fan on the Pubcast and have your question answered!
More Links Mentioned in the Show: