Fri, 7 February 2014
Purchase tickets to Social Media Marketing World:
SME Top 10
- Grateful. Thanks to SME, the judges and YOU!
- Congrats to the others on the list as well as those who didn’t make it. Use it as motivation!
- 300k page views in January
- Diversifying into blog coaching? But how?
- How does this change things? Does it at all?
IMPACT OF WCA
- Cut CPL in half
- Build Likes
- Drive Traffic
- Increase sales
IMPORTANCE OF EMAIL LIST
MONTHLY REACH AND FREQUENCY DISTRIBUTION
15 posts in January that reached (TOTAL) 1200 - 1999 people
- out of 32k - 36k fans
- 3.75% - 5.5%
Daily Total Reach Totals
- All between 10k - 35k
28 Days Organic Reach
28 Days Total Reach
Thu, 30 January 2014
Website Custom Audiences: http://jonloomer.com/wca
Thu, 23 January 2014
PUBCAST: Time Management, Networking Tips, and Successful Business Strategies with NYT Best Selling Author Chris Brogan
Owner Magazine (Publisher)
Human Business Works (CEO/President)
Consultant to big brands like Disney, Microsoft, Coke, Pepsi, Google
New York Times bestselling author of six books (The Impact Equation, Trust Agents w/ Julien Smith)
Lives in Mass
Blogged since 1998
Podcast: The Human Business Way
Recorded podcasts and launched small media network in 2006
Affiliates and disclosures
Podcast: How are you using it?
My Goals Don’t Care
- “It’s easy for them”
- Making excuses
How to Network at Business Events
1. How do I help other people succeed?
2. How do I grow my business?
Wed, 15 January 2014
PUBCAST: Is Facebook Organic Reach Under Reported? Also: Why Bad FB Marketing Ruins Ad Targeting + 6 Ad Changes
Is Facebook Organic Reach under reported?
Why Your Bad Facebook Marketing Strategies are Ruining Ad Targeting
* Twitter Ads
* Facebook Interest Targeting
* Buying likes, trading likes/reciprocation, Fan Page Friday, Favors
* Waters down interest targeting
* If your page has a bunch of irrelevant likes and I target your audience, it impacts my results
* Bad for users —- irrelevant ads
No More Sponsored Stories: 6 Big Changes Coming to Facebook Ads
* Warned since June of 2013
* All ads will have social context going forward
* Ad Image Cropping
* Targeting redefined to fall into following cats: Locations, Demographics, Interests, Behaviors
* Unified Interests
* Geographic Targeting (inclusion/exclusion)
Please rate and review the Pubcast on iTunes!
Click here: Pubcast on iTunes
Thu, 9 January 2014
LAS VEGAS NMX
REFLECTING ON 2+ YEARS
GOALS FOR 2014
1. Share More Frequently
2. Establish a Facebook Sales Funnel
3. Target email subscribers with link shares
4. Retarget website visitors
5. Create a Saved Target Group in Power Editor
6. Try oCPM (again)
7. Try the Sidebar (again)
8. Track Conversions
9. Create an Online Offer
10. Create a saved facebook ad report
11. Confirm referral traffic in Google Analytics
12. Download your post level export
13. Compare link click data based on post type
14. Define success without using reach
PLEASE SUBSCRIBE/RATE ON iTUNES!
Fri, 20 December 2013
My last episode of 2013! Pull up a bar stool...
Final Word on Reach
- EdgeRank Checker post
- 12.6% reach in September
- Now 7.7%
- About 3/4 of brands impacted. Some Crushed
- Those crushed typically only sent links to their own site
- Engagement .29% to .26%
- Engagement per fan for Links, .12% to .11%
- Engagement rate for all content types from 3.49% to 3.86%
- Clicks per person reached up from .71% to .85%
- Write Less, Publish More
- Ramp up Video
- Phase 2 of Podcast
- More Mobile
- More Products
- More Speaking
- More Help
- More Partnerships
- Be Better
Planning for 2014
- Put up or shut up time for Pubcast
- Put up or shut up time for Video
- Hire someone to edit videos
- Scale back to one article, one Pubcast and one video per week
- Build complex campaigns
- Make use of Infusionsoft
- More Infographics
- More training courses
- Update and improve the ones I’ve created
- Look to partner with other big names
- Invest even more in advertising
- Grow to 100k+ HIGHLY RELEVANT fans
- Speak more and better
- Build email list to 50k+
Please vote for my blog in the Social Media Examiner 2013 Top 10 contest!
Thu, 12 December 2013
PUBCAST: Overcoming a Drop in Facebook Reach and How to Build an Audience the Right Way with Chad Whittman
Pull up a barstool! Here’s this week’s show notes:
- Story in AdAge
- Unreasonable Expectations
REACHING WITHOUT ENGAGEMENT
- Companies treat social media like billboards
How to Reach More Fans Organically
- When your fans are online (EdgeRank Checker also including this in their tool)
- Post Frequently
- Reshare Old Content
- Produce Highly Engaging Content
- Benefit from Story Bumping
- Build an Audience the Right Way
Tell your friends about the Pubcast!
Tue, 3 December 2013
PUBCAST: How I turned $230 into $1000+ using a FB Offer, FB Link Algorithm Changes, & why I did a 180 with Auto-Play Video
Pull up a barstool! Here are this week’s show notes:
· Speaking at the Inside Social Marketing conference in NY 12/4/13
o Social Media Metrics: What Does it all Mean?
§ Measuring ROI
§ Importance of conversion tracking
§ Right column success
· Facebook’s Link Algorithm Change
o Traffic to media sites up 170%
o Update to story bumping
· My Facebook Offer
o My findings in fans vs. non fans sales
o Budgeting strategy for the campaign
o Utilizing custom audiences
· Auto-Play Video on Facebook
o Why I did a 180 on my thoughts about it
o How Harry Potter ties in to auto play video
· Targeting email recipients with FBX
o Using Perfect Audience vs Custom Audeinces
o How you can use a hidden pixel in your emails to gather info and use for retargeting
o How you can get a free $70 FBX coupon (link below)
Fri, 22 November 2013
Pull up a bar stool! Here's this week's show notes:
- Sidebar vs. News Feed vs. Mobile: Click here for the blog post
- Most advertising goes into mobile focus
- Why Andrew doesn't recommend ever using a lifetime budget
- What number Andrew recommends is the highest ad frequency you should never pass
- The new News Feed and why doesn't Jon have it yet?!
Do you need help with Facebook ads management? Contact Jon at Jon@JonLoomer.com.
Want to be a referral partner? Contact Jon at Jon@JonLoomer.com
Tell your friends about the Pubcast and also be featured as a special guest on the show with just a couple clicks!
Wed, 6 November 2013
Pop a bottle! Here's this week's show notes:
2 Year Retrospective
* Beginning to Now
* First post: Why I started my Facebook Page.
* Virtually no engagement the first month.
* First year-plus, experienced some solid growth.
* It wasn’t until this year — Beginning in July — when my business truly took off on Facebook.
* Lesson: 1) Don’t Quit. 2) Build an audience through providing value. 3) Sell is final step, not first. 4) INVEST — time and money for positive ROI
Debate: Facebook is a waste of money
* Forrester report
* An open letter to Mark Zuckerberg
* Survey of 395 marketers
* Satisfaction average score of 3.54 out of 5.0 -> Last. First was on-site ratings and reviews with 3.84.
* 16% Reach Complainers. Ugh.
* Jamie Turner: 60SecondMarketer: The Truth About Facebook Ads: They Don’t Actually Work
* More than 1Million advertisers. High number of newbies
* Many have it all wrong. How many are building trust and a community? How many just sell?
* Don’t approach Facebook like banner advertising
* Equivalent of passing out fliers or cold calling
* How many are using Custom Audiences, Lookalike Audiences, Power Editor, Conversion Tracking?
Become a featured fan on the Pubcast and have your question answered!
More Links Mentioned in the Show: